Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Blog Post #30

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelation 1:8

I can't believe NaBloPoMo has come to an end! It went by so fast! I have really enjoyed sharing some of my favorite verses and passages with you. Of course there are many more I could share, and perhaps I will in the coming days!
I thought it would only be fitting for the last verse of the month to be from Revelation - the last book of the bible. And I thought it would be even more fitting that the verse be something that came straight from the mouth of God. I just love the absolute power in this verse. Alpha and Omega means beginning and end. It's like saying "A to Z." God, who is, who was and who is to come, the ALMIGHTY. What power in that sentence!
As humans, it's hard for us to think of something that never had a beginning, and will never have an end. Everything we know starts somewhere and ends somewhere. But God always was, always is and always will be. Amazing! And yet this same Almighty God is the same God who loves us more deeply than we could ever imagine. He is more compassionate and caring than we will ever know. The God of absolute power is also the God of absolute love. I don't think there's anything more that needs to be said.
Just read this verse over and over to yourself and reflect on God's power, but also his love for you. And all God's people said, "AMEN!"










No comments: