Sunday, November 28, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Blog Post #28

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:10


I have this verse highlighted in green in my bible, and I also have the word AMEN! written after it. The green means that this is a verse that represents growth and/or new life. I think that is very true for this verse. It's not easy for us to say that we actually delight in weakness, or any of those other things that Paul says. Most of us just hope that life will be a cake walk, everything will go our way, and nothing bad will ever happen to us. But that is definitely not reality. Especially in the life of a believer. In fact, as believers we will probably suffer even more hardship simply for the fact that we follow Jesus Christ. But Paul gives us encouragement here. We are supposed to delight in our weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and difficulties because when we are weak, then we are strong. No, it's not a contradictory of terms. Think about it, when we are weak, we are forced to rely on God to help us through, and through him we are strong! A few verses earlier, God says, "My power is made perfect in weakness." That is exactly why Paul says that he delights in weakness, because it is the time when we can allow God's perfect power to work in us. We may not like it when we are weak, but we have the hope that God's power is made perfect in our weakness. AMEN!



No comments: