Thursday, November 25, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Blog Post #25

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." - Colossians 2:6-7


Seeing as how today is Thanksgiving, I thought I would take a moment to reflect on how thankful I am for all the things God has given me. I am so beyond blessed that I often take it for granted. I sometimes don't realize just how much God has blessed me with and how privileged I am. I am most thankful that God has shown me how I can have a deep and meaningful relationship with him (as it mentions in this passage), and that I can continue to grow in his love and in my faith. That is really the only thing I will ever need in my life. Everything else, I consider a "bonus." I have the most wonderful husband I could ever ask for, and I love him more every single day. I have a beautiful family who loves me, and I love each and every one of them. I am so thankful for their love and support. I am so thankful for my friends who have stood by me through thick and thin. I am so thankful for every single one of my students at youth group. They have brought so much joy to my life and I love watching them grow in their faith and in their walk with God. 
There are so many other things I am thankful for: my house, my cats, my job, may car, etc. But I am most thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ and all of the many things he has done for me. 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!



No comments: