Tuesday, November 02, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Blog Post #2

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. " - Proverbs 31:10-12

This passage is particularly special to me because Evan's cousin Linda read it to me on my wedding day. We shared some tears (happy ones!), and a hug, and later that day, I married Evan with that passage ringing in my ears.
I still think of this passage from time to time when I look back on my relationship with Evan, and I know I have stayed true to it. I love how it says that the husband "has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value." How wonderful it is for your husband to have full confidence in you as a wife!
Now, if any of you know my husband, you know that he didn't exactly have an "easy" life. Things were often hard for him, and he struggled with many things. When I met him, he said that he was born with a broken heart. Well, I set out to mend that broken heart, and 9 years later, it is mended and then some. It is my job to bring "good, not harm," all the days of my life.
It really meant a lot to me when Linda read this to me, and it still means a lot to me today!


No comments: