Saturday, November 13, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Blog Post #13

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." - Colossians 3:23-24

This was one of the very first verses I highlighted in my bible when I started reading on a regular basis. This verse keeps me motivated especially at work. Sometimes I drag myself to work, and the second I sit down at my desk, I am asking "Is it time to go home yet?" Sometimes things happen at work that get me really frustrated, or really down and it makes it harder to get through the day. Sometimes I have so much work to do, I have no clue how I will get it all done before quitting time. Sometimes, I just plain feel like quitting on the spot. When these things happen, I think of this passage. I have to remember that I am working for THE LORD not for man. Yes, I have a human boss whom I work for. But ultimately, I serve the Lord in whatever I do. At work, I receive bonuses and raises every year, and every now and then we will recieve little gifts here and there. But what I am ultimately "working" for is that inheritance from the Lord. The fact that I get to spend eternity with him in heaven is worth whatever I am going through down here on earth. So on those days when I just don't feel like working, or my work is making me frustrated, I remember this passage and remember that it will all be worth it one day when I finally see His face. Amen.


No comments: