Monday, November 01, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Blog Post #1

NaBloPoMo is short for "National Blog Posting Month," and November is the official month for it! I confess, I did not participate last year, but I am going to try my darndest to do it this year. So, without any further ado, here goes Blog Post #1!

I can't believe November is already here. There are 24 days left until Thanksgiving, and 54 days until Christmas. 2010 is flying by so fast, I barely even have time to blink!
I think I will use NaBloPoMo to share 30 of my most favorite verses/passages from the bible. I will give you the verse or passage, and then tell you a little bit about why it is a favorite of mine. Enjoy!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4

This is not only one of my favorite passages, but it also comes from my favorite book of the bible: James. I love this passage because it tells me that even though my life might be hard right now (and often it is!), that through it, I am developing perseverance and maturity in my faith and my relationship with God. And I love that it says that when I am mature, I am complete and not lacking anything. It's really hard to praise God in the midst of trial, but ultimately, that is what we should do. When we come out on the other side of our trials still praising God, we have persevered and we have matured. I just love that! It gives me that much more motivation to stay close to God and to thank Him not just for the good times, but the hard times as well because He is the creator of them all!

No comments: