Thursday, November 11, 2010

NaBloPoMo - Blog Post #11

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

This is a favorite among us youth leaders because we are constantly reinforcing this with our students. I also take this verse very personally because I am always thinking that people do look down on me because I am so young. I have always been mature for my age, and I am always trying to prove to people that I can hang with the grownups just as much as I can hang with the kids.
This verse really encourages me, and helps me to stay focused on my mission. The second part is really the most important part - "set and example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." As a youth leader, setting a good example is critical. We have to practice what we preach, because otherwise our entire ministry could be rendered useless.
So, to all you young'uns out there, make this verse your mantra. Keep it close to your heart, just as I do.


No comments: