Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Day is Coming...

I have often referred to Thanksgiving as the "Superbowl of Cooking," for me because it's the only day besides Christmas where I can go all out on the cooking and make tons of food for my family. I love Thanksgiving. I love cooking, I love being with my family, I love eating pumpkin pie, I just love it.
This year is going to be rather quiet. Evan and I are staying home and I am cooking for us, Evan's mom, and Grandpa Price. May I add that Grandpa is still talking about the stuffing I made two years ago. That was one of his two requests for this year: lots of stuffing, and lots of gravy. OK - no problem!
I think I love the leftovers even more than the meal because I get to make turkey stock, cream of turkey soup for Evan, a post-Thanksgiving casserole with what I've got left, and any number of turkey sandwiches depending on how much turkey we've got left. This year we got a free turkey thanks to Mom's frequent shopping at Acme. We have a 15 lb. bird to feed 4 of us. That's more than 3 lbs. of turkey EACH! Leftovers, here I come.
I hope that each of you are planning a wonderful Thanksgiving with the people you love, and know that our thoughts are with you, and we are thankful for each and every one of you.

Here's a shot of me from 2005 - my first turkey after Evan and I got married. Looks good eh?


No comments: