Thursday, November 13, 2008

Josie and Slinky

Allow me to introduce to you, our two kitties.
Josie:












and Slinky: 













We got Josie for free when I saw an ad in the Courier News for free kittens. I jumped on the opportunity and we headed out to Neshanic to get her. She was so cute - she still is. 
Evan found Slinky at PetSmart. He called me and said there was this little black & white kitty that was nuzzling him and totally wooed him. So I said, get it! A week later, she was ours. Originally named "Paris," we decided to change it to Slinky because that's what she does...she slinks around. 
Both cats have very unique personalities. Josie is clearly the queen of the house. She is a Jersey cat through and through - you don't mess with her. Slinky is more timid and spends most of the day hiding in various crannies throughout the house. She has the most high-pitched meow you will ever hear. And it's not really a meow, it sounds more like "kee-koo!" She loves to jump on the bed in the morning after I get up to get ready for work and head-butt Evan in the face, as if to say, "Ok, you get up too!" 
Josie likes to snuggle in between Evan and I at night, and I can't tell you how many times we have rolled over her or inadvertently knocked her off the bed. 
Both cats bring so much joy to our lives, and they are excellent listeners. I hope they like the new house :)

No comments: