Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Latest Project

Since Evan and I will be moving into a new house soon, and we won't exactly be able to afford new furniture just yet, I have decided to give my dressers a "makeover." These dressers were my mom's. She bought them when she and my dad got married back in 1981 because they didn't have a place for all their clothes. She passed them on to me when I was in college, and I have had them ever since. They were originally gold, and my mom painted them white, and now they are still white, but rather, um, "weathered" let's say.
So, I decided that I would sand them down, paint them a nice new color and give them new handles. I started with the little one, so just in case I didn't like it, I could stop there and hide that dresser in the basement. So far, so good though! I am painting them "Lemon Ice," a nice bright color, and I picked out shiny silver knobs for the drawers as opposed to the dreary brass ones that have since turned almost black.
This should be fun! I'll post pictures once I finish.

By the way...don't forget to vote on which color you think Evan and I should paint our new bedroom!

No comments: