Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Soup Supper is back!!!

Well, only for one day, and then it will go away again until Lent. Each year, our church has Soup Suppers: one every week during the Lent season, and one the week before Thanksgiving. I LOVE soup suppers because it allows me to show off my culinary prowess as a soup-maker to somebody besides Evan and perhaps Karl. Whenever there is a soup supper, they always ask me first because they know I will say yes.
During Lent, I try to make a different soup each week so as to show of my diversity as a soup-maker. I have made everything from Pasta e Fagioli to Tomato Bisque. I also try to make a not-so-well-known soup because everybody makes Chicken Noodle, Split Pea, and something called "Presbyterian Soup."
I did have one flop though - I made Garden Vegetable soup and loaded it with veggies. It was good until I decided to put some dried rosemary in the soup as an added seasoning. MISTAKE. Now, instead of tasting like vegetables, it tasted like a pine tree. Evan and Karl claimed they liked it, but I will never make it again.
Anyway, for this soup supper, I made my famous New England Clam Chowder.
Last year I made it right after the Superbowl, and called it "Big Fat Loser Clam Chowder." (Get it...cuz the Patriots are from New England and they lost to the Giants in the Superbowl) It was a big hit.
Making soup is so much fun. And eating the soup is even more fun.

No comments: