Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy (Late) Turkey Day!!

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was very nice. Just four of us, and me cooking. It was great. So, I told you about the "salting" technique that I was trying out this year. Well, it turned out great!! The skin was nice and crispy and flavorful, and the meat was nice and juicy and tender. It was perfect! We actually only ate about half the turkey, but that's fine...more for soup and sandwiches! I do not have a picture to share with you, sadly, but just know that I would HIGHLY recommend the salting technique. Just rub the seasoned salt on your turkey the day before, shove him in the fridge overnight, rinse him off and dry him off, shove him in the oven and roast as usual and voila!
I have also decided that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. So there.

No comments: