Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry Christmas?

OK, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Christmas supposed to be a season of joy and happiness? If it is, I met one lady who is sorely mistaken.
So, I'm in Bed Bath & Beyond shopping for some presents. I am all done, and I proceed to the checkout counter. I see a line that only has one person in it, and she only had two things in her basket. Sweet! I thought to myself as I hopped in line. Then, from out of nowhere, I hear this lady going "'Scuse me...SCUSE ME!" So I look, she was talking to me. She points behind her and says, "Uh, there's a line and people are waiting." I pointed to the line where I was standing, and said, "I'm in this line." (duh). She says, "No, there is a line where people are waiting to be called for the next person," - insinuating that there was this imaginary line that people just started and were waiting for the next open register. I replied, "Are you sure? They don't usually do it that way here." To which she said, "Mmm hmm, you have to get back here in line." 
Wow, I didn't realize she was the president of the line. I reluctantly shuffled to the back of this retarded line where she apparently was first. All the while, she is glaring at me as though I had murdered Santa Clause. She was called up next and began to check out. At that same time, I got called over to the customer service desk where I was helped by the nicest checkout clerk I have met in a long time. Bada-bing, bada-boom, I checked out and made it out of the store before that crazy line lady. 

Bah humbug. 

No comments: