Friday, December 26, 2008

And Just Like That, Christmas is Over

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas yesterday. I know I did.
We opened presents in the morning when we finally managed to straggle down the stairs. Evan played Santa handing out the gifts one by one. We opened all our gifts within about 15 minutes, and then it was over....sort of.

I devised a clever scavenger hunt for Evan to go on for his presents. I sent him all over the house, and even out to my car to retrieve his gifts. He thought it was silly, but I'm sure he had fun.
Now, we were all done opening gifts, and I was feeling a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the gifts I got and was extremely thankful. But you see, I had asked for a new bass guitar. That was the one thing that was not under the tree. I wasn't too disappointed because I understand that is an expensive gift, and it may not be feasible this Christmas. So, I made peace with it.
Then, all of a sudden, Evan comes out of the spare room with another gift, shaped remarkably like a bass guitar! It was a total Red Rider BB Gun moment. I even cried a little. I opened it up, and sure enough, there was my shiny new bass. It is a red wine color and it is a Fender Jazz Bass. So nice. Just what I asked for. It was perfect.

Evan and I went over to visit Grandpa W. and Aunt Mel, and chatted for a while. That was nice. He was really happy to see us. Then I came home, cooked a splendid ham dinner and pumpkin pie for dessert. It was a nice quiet Christmas. We even got a brief, but nice visit from Uncle Brian and Aunt Debbie.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: