Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Fried Chicken Adventure

So this was the "Aubrey Adventure" for March: homemade fried chicken at my house. Becky, Alge and Erin came over after church and I whipped up some of my famous fried chicken and some tater tots (at the request of the girls).
See, I have been bragging about my fried chicken for quite some time, and the girls really wanted to try it. So, instead of going to a restaurant for the Aubrey Adventure, we stayed in and dined on yummy delicious fried chicken. The girls were quite impressed. And I must say, I make awesome fried chicken - after testing many many recipes, I made one up that is GREAT! They enjoyed the good food, and had fun playing with Max and Wilford.
After the food, we looked through a Dunellen High School yearbook from 1967. Evan's dad is pictured in there, as well as my uncle Gus. Turns out, Uncle Gus and Evan's dad were in Chess Club together. How cool is that? The girls loved looking at all the old pictures of DHS and seeing what looks exactly the same even today. None of the teachers that were there in '67 are there now, of course, but the memories are all there.
And that's exactly what I am making with these girls...memories. We have so much fun together, and I'm glad they get excited for the new Aubrey Adventures each month. I hope that my relationship with these girls continues to grow and we can keep on having good food and good times together!!
We will see what April holds for the next adventure....

No comments: