Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scavenging Dunellen

What happens when you let a youth group loose in Dunellen with a list of 50 things to find and/or do?
Well, this:

And this:

And this too:


It was time once again for the annual youth group scavenger hunt! This year, we made it a photo scavenger hunt. We gave each group a list of things to find and/or do, and then they had to take a picture of it to prove they got it. The groups returned with their pictures, and added up their points to see who the winners were.
My group was awesome. Seen here, from left to right, I had Joshua, Becky, Gino, Charlie S., Charlie W., Erin, Amy & Jenn.

We called ourselves "Team Tacos at Midnight." (By the way, if you have not tried that new flavor of Doritos, we highly recommend it.)
We ran all around Dunellen trying to find the things on the list. You can see some of them above. My favorite is the one where they are jumping. For the picture to count, everyone had to be midair. It was so cool.
When all the points were added up, the winners were announced from 4th place to 1st place. It came down to my team and Evan's team in 2nd and 1st place. "And in 2nd place....Evan's team!" My team was jumping up and down - we won!!! We couldn't believe it. I really didn't think we won because I saw the things that other teams got that we didn't, and I thought for sure we were beat. But not so!
And the prize? Each student in the group gets a free breakfast/lunch/dinner with a leader of their choice. My team chose me, and chose to go to the Grease Trucks! I smell an Aubrey Adventure coming on....

Good times.

1 comment:

Svenn said...

You should go to "The Hungry Eye" and ask for Dimitri (if it is still there). It is the best of the Grease Trucks in my opinion.
Definitley get the "Fat Josh" (if they still have it). It was the sandwhich I invented during my time on the banks:
1 philly cheese-steak
4 strips of bacon
3 chicken fingers
french fries
motzerella sticks
lettus, tomotoes, onions
topped with a delicious honey mustard sauce
(2 fried eggs, optional)
all on a foot long roll.....ummm