Tuesday, April 07, 2009

American "Idle"

I have always watched American Idol, but only the auditions. Evan and I love to watch the auditions and get a good hearty laugh at those that *swear* they are good singers and then totally blow it in front of the judges. I do give them credit for trying, though. I have never watched Idol past Hollywood Week, because it's just not fun after that. Beyond that point, most, if not all the contestants are very good and it would be great to see any of them win.
But this season, I find myself addicted to the show, well past Hollywood Week! Why? Because of this guy right here:

Adam Lambert. He is no doubt a singer. He was in the cast of "Wicked" for a while, and he has been in other stage productions. He is just so stinkin' good, that I have to watch every week to see what else he will do. His voice is infectious. He has great stage presence too, which makes the show even better.
Last week, they voted off the girl that was my least favorite, so from here on out, I really don't care who wins...as long as it's Adam. And if he doesn't win, I hope he gets picked up by a record label - a la Chris Daughtry - so that I can go buy his CD.
I feel like a teeny bopper, but this guy is so good.
There are currently 8 more contestants to go - we shall see who they vote off tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Chris and Kelly said...

I am with Kara D, I can't wait to see what he's gonna do week to week. The thing about this guy, is that he is so out of everyone's league. If he doesn't win...which would be crazy...he will get picked up and do fine. I am also loving Alison Iraheta and Danny Gokey.