Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Team Salter!

This is a fun little thing that came about at youth group. You see, we have a set of twins that comes regularly to The Cellar, 610 (Sunday night youth group), and church. Their last name is Sawyer.
How Team Salter came to be goes like this:
The Sawyer boys - Joshua and Charlie - are going through some tough times in their life right now. What they are going through is very similar to what I went through when I was about their age, so I am able to empathize deeply with them. Over time, the three of us have grown very close. I will often pick them up for youth group events, or for church, and we always have a good time together. They laugh at all my jokes, and we learned that we have a shared interest in Spongebob Squarepants. They always give me big hugs when they see me, which makes me feel good, and makes them feel good too.
Sooo, all that being said, Team Salter came from combining their last name with mine: Sawyer + Walter = Salter. Get it?!
And here's something cool. The other day, I got a text/picture message from Charlie with this picture:



I'm not sure where this picture was taken, but it made me smile. I love those boys a lot, and I hope that we can be Team Salter for a long time to come.

No comments: