Thursday, February 26, 2009

Greater things....

First off...let me apologize for being so delinquent in my posting! I have been so busy and/or tired, that I have barely had time to eat a decent meal, let alone post a blog.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited because I just found out that not only did I get a bonus for 2008, but I am also getting a raise! I was not expecting that, because, you know, the economy is in the crapper. My financial fate is decided by a board of people who get together, see how much money they can dole out, and give IEEE employees a cut of it. It can be a lot or a little. But what a pleasant surprise! And right on time too because I need to buy a dress for my brother's wedding! (Granted, that's not until August, but, you know, I like to be efficient.)

I am also excited because the 30 Hour Famine is TOMORROW! I have been reading through the leader's manual and it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun. There are about 10 games that we will have the students play, each one teaching them something about world hunger and poverty. All the while, we are teaching them biblical principles to go along with what they are doing. It should be a blast. I hope to have some pictures up early next week. If you haven't donated to this awesome cause, check out my fundraising website (link is in the WILL STARVE FOR FOOD post) or e-mail me! If not, we would appreciate your prayers for this great event. Not just for us as leaders, but especially for the students.

Well, I just heard the phone ring which means I have to go pick up Evan from the train station. I'll be back soon!! Promise!!

No comments: