Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentine's Day

Since Evan and I don't really believe in Valentine's Day, I offered to babysit my Pastor's kids for the weekend. Their anniversary is the day after Valentine's Day, so I wanted to give them some time away from the kids to celebrate. Friday and through til dinnertime Saturday. The kids were my dates for Valentine's Day. And boy, we had a blast.
My day started at about 8am - no sleeping in that day! I made the kids breakfast - eggs and toast, and then we got ready to start the day. We started by going to the dollar store near their house. I was going to get them little treats for Valentine's Day, but they didn't really see anything they liked. So, we headed back home and got in the car to go to Target.
Before we got to Target, we stopped at PetSmart. I needed to get some things for my kitties, and the kids wanted to see all the pets they have there for adoption day. There were some cute kittens!
We finished up there, and headed for Target. While we were there, I told the kids they could each pick something out to buy that was $5 or less. They each picked out a toy to get. Then we thought we should get a little gift for their parents to surprise them for their anniversary. We got them a card and a little gift for both parents. We checked out.
This was all done before 12 noon. We were all starting to get hungry, and they wanted Mickey D's, so that's where we went. Jhony wanted the #2, but only plain hamburgers. Angela wanted the #2, but with plain cheeseburgers. Natalia wanted the chicken strip meal. I knew there were going to mess up the order because the girl working the register was new. As soon as Jhony placed his order, she became panic stricken and called the manager over for help. (Why would they put a new girl on the register on a Saturday afternoon at lunch time??) We finally got the food, and they sure did get it wrong. They only gave us 3 fries when we should have gotten 4. They gave Jhony 2 cheeseburgers instead of hamburgers. And they only gave us three cups. So then I had to go back up and complain and get our order right. Finally, we got to eat.
After lunch, we headed back home. I was going to make the kids clean the house for their parents. (It was a MESS) So, we huddled in the kitchen and came up with the game plan. We started cleaning the kitchen and gradually made our way through the rest of the house. Jhony and Natalia even went around the house with Pledge and buffed all the wood surfaces! The house was sparkly clean. So, then we took a break for a little while and realized we wanted to get some balloons to go with the gifts we bought. We got our shoes back on and went to ANOTHER dollar store to get balloons. When we got home, we set the gifts and the balloons out on the table in a nice display as a surprise for their parents.
Around 4pm, we (Me and Natalia) took a nap. I got up at about 5 and started dinner: chicken nuggets, spaghetti and meatballs and corndogs. Yum! The spaghetti and meatballs were mostly for me because I was not about to eat those chicken nuggets. We ate dinner and then around 8pm, the parents came home. They were so surprised to see a clean house and the nice gifts on the table! They paid me, and I was on my way.
Evan was at a friend's house, so I didn't see him until about 9pm. I was so pooped by then, I pretty much kissed him goodnight and went to bed.
So, that was my Valentine's Day. How romantic! I hope your day was as fun as mine.

No comments: