Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow, snow, glorious snow....

Can I just tell you that I LOVE snow? I mean, I really love it. I love going to sleep and waking up to a white blanket of snow covering the ground. I love how pretty the white snowflakes look against the bare trees. I love to play in the snow (yes, I still play in snow!) I love the crunching sound certain snow makes under my boots. I love that I get to stay home from work if it snows enough. I even love to drive in the snow. I just love it!
Today it is snowing. I'm not quite sure how many inches they are promising, but it is never right anyway. Snow just makes me so happy. I'm not even sure where my love of snow originated. Maybe as a kid I have such fond memories of playing with my brother in the snow on a day we got to stay home from school, and that just stuck with me so today I still love it. Who knows?
While I also love the warmth of the summer, I would never want to live somewhere where it would rarely or never snow. I will save those spots for vacationing only.
People think I'm crazy when I say that I love snow. My face lights up like a little kid when I hear it on the weather report. Even if there's a chance of snow, I get excited.
Just wanted to share that with you all. Happy snow day!
Here's some pictures of our dogs in the snow.


No comments: