Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Been a long time...

Here's a few updates to get you started:
1. The "dresser project" that I started a while back is now officially DONE! I finished the last dresser this past weekend, and I am very proud of how they came out. They are about as old as me, but they look brand new. I hope to be able to pass them on to my daughter one day! (that is, if I have one)
2. Youth group is going quite well. Friday nights have been bringing out between 70 and 90 students each week, which is great - but with only 5 leaders, can be hard to handle sometimes. Last Friday we had this one kid who was trying to pick fights with, oh, everyone he could see. We finally had to kick him out, which we don't like to do. But, youth group is not a place to be fighting. Sunday nights have been bringing out about 30-40 students each week, but unfortunately, they have been having a harder time paying attention. They must have the winter jitters or something.
3. House hunting is on pause for now. We still have our eyes open, but have taken it easy for now. Actually, the guy that owns the house we almost bought came back and tried to sell us the house again! He said he would lower the price, pay the closing cost, pay for all the repairs, and do whatever it took to get us in that house. But we were like, "Dude, we don't want your stinkin' house!!" Ok, we weren't that cruel, but we kindly turned it down. It just wouldn't be a good house for us - something we did not realize when we first started.
4. On another note, I found out that my dear friend Ali Wilks is getting married! She is marrying a guy named Phil that she met on one of her various mission trips around the world. I'm so happy for her and I wish her the best!
5. Evan has started school again :-( Thankfully, though, he does not have any classes that will have him getting home at 11:53 pm on a weeknight. That was killer for both him and me. He started taking some master's courses, so he is working on getting his Bachelor's and Master's degree at the same time.

I think that's pretty much all the news for now. I will try to be more diligent at posting more blogs so my readers don't give up on me!
Here's a little Dana Carvery humor for you:

No comments: