Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Night With the Wildrick Kids

So, I've been babysitting my pastor's kids for about 2 years now, and I've had the unique opportunity to be a huge part of these kids' lives. They are so much fun and I have enjoyed watching them grow from the moment they arrived in this country. They were adopted from an orphanage in Columbia when they were 5, 5, and 4 years old. Natalia and Jhony are twins and are about to turn 12 later this month. Angela is the baby and she is 10. She's the diva of the family.
They can be a challenge at time because they can get a bit out of control, and thus scaring all other babysitters away. But I have watched them so many times, I know their schedules better than their parents do (sometimes)! In the beginning, they were impossible and ran me ragged all night, but they have gotten SO much better and I couldn't ask for better kids to babysit.
I babysit fairly regularly, and we always have a blast. They love to ask me questions about my life and about how I met Evan. The girls love to get backrubs from me before they go to bed. Jhony loves when I sit on his bed and we look at his yearbook. (He then tells me all the girls he thinks are cute!) Plus we get to play and be rowdy and have fun! So, that being said, here's some pics of my night with them last night, just after the snow stopped falling. The dog you see is their dog Mitzi.



No comments: