Wednesday, July 01, 2009

25 Burgers

So a few weeks ago, Evan and I received a circular in the mail for this new place in Bound Book, NJ called "25 Burgers." Hmm, I thought, sounds interesting. The circular included a copy of their menu, so Evan and I curiously perused it. Sure enough, this restaurant had 25 burgers to choose from, ranging from the spicy 5 Alarm Burger, to the Crab Burger, and everywhere in between. Not only did they have 25 burgers, but they had cheesesteak, chicken sandwiches, salads, fries, onion rings, milkshakes....the list goes on.
"We've gotta check this place out!" I shrieked with excitement. Evan agreed. Today, we finally went to check it out. And boy am I glad we did. I went with the not-as-spicy "El Paso Burger," which came topped with pepper jack cheese, sauteed onions, bacon, tomato, lettuce, poblano peppers, and chipotle mayo. Evan went with a classic bacon cheeseburger - hold the tomato. We also got an order of cheese fries.
They give you one of those buzzer things you get when you're waiting for a table at a restaurant, and it buzzes when your food is ready. We waited in anticipation at the (possible) burger goodness that awaited us. The buzzer went off, and Evan went to get the food. It looked amazing - I almost didn't want to take a bite. They wrap the burgers halfway in that butcher's paper stuff. I don't know why, but I love that! My burger smelled fantastic, and Evan's looked equally delish.
We tried the fries first, and when we took a bite, we gave each other that look that said, "Whoa, those are some gooood fries." It was time to try the burgers. I almost had to unhinge my jaw to bite into my burger. But the first bite was juicy, spicy, tender, savory and delicious. I was in love. Evan finished his burger in probably less than 5 bites - being the wonderful Walter man that he is. We were hooked.
Now these burgers are not like processed McDonald's burgers. This is real meat, real buns, real ingredients. These were the real deal. I couldn't even finish my burger, it was so big. But, we polished off the cheese fries and sat back in utter satisfaction. Yum, Probably one of the best burgers I've ever had.
If you happen to live anywhere near Bound Brook, or you happen to be visiting us here in NJ, GO TO 25 BURGERS.
Move over Fudd's - there's a new burger joint in town!

No comments: